Van Nuys Uber Accident Attorney
Representing Victims of Negligence Throughout the San Fernando Valley
If you’ve been injured in an Uber accident, you need experienced legal representation to ensure that your rights are fully protected. At Williams And Seemen, our Van Nuys-based Uber accident attorneys have decades of collective experience representing clients throughout the San Fernando Valley and beyond who’ve suffered injuries due to another party's negligence.
We understand how difficult it can be to navigate the complex legal system while simultaneously dealing with the physical and emotional toll of a serious injury. That is why we strive to provide personalized attention and advocacy for each and every client we represent.
Call (818) 536-7776 to schedule a consultation with an experienced Uber accident lawyer at Williams And Seemen.
Common Injuries in an Uber Accident
As an Uber driver or passenger, you can suffer a variety of injuries in an accident due to the negligence of other drivers (or other liable parties). Common injuries in Uber accidents may include:
- Broken bones. Severe impacts from collisions with other vehicles or objects can cause extreme force to be placed on the occupants which could result in fractures or broken bones.
- Head and neck trauma. The sudden force that comes with a car crash can lead to head and neck trauma like concussions or whiplash. While whiplash is caused by forceful back and forth movement of the head/neck, head injuries like concussions are caused by powerful blows to your head. These types of injury is especially dangerous because symptoms don’t always appear immediately after the incident. In some cases, you can also sustain a more serious head injury, including a type of traumatic brain injury—specifically head penetrating wounds.
- Spinal cord damage. Injuries to the spine can have life-altering consequences as they often cause paralysis or loss of feeling in certain areas of the body. Uber accident victims can sustain these injuries because of force placed upon their back or spinal cord.
- Burns. As cars catch fire following a collision, passengers involved in Uber accidents might experience severe burn wounds. You can also sustain minor burns on your face if the airbag deploys.
- Lacerations. Because of broken glass and other flying objects, a person can sustain cuts and lacerations.
- Internal organ damage. Internal organ damage is one of the most common forms of injury sustained in auto accidents, including Uber accidents, as it often goes undetected until after the victim receives medical attention. Common internal organ injuries include broken ribs, lacerations to internal organs, and traumatic brain injuries. In more severe cases, victims may suffer from internal bleeding or organ failure due to blunt force trauma.
What to Do If You Are in an Uber Accident
While getting into an Uber accident can be disorienting and frightening, it can help to know what steps you should take after the accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention. If you or anyone else involved in the accident is injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not have any obvious external injuries, it is still important that you are checked out as you ay have internal injuries. Some injuries also take time to manifest and medical professionals can advise you on what symptoms to look out for in the days following the accident.
- Report the accident. After receiving medical care and ensuring everyone’s safety, you will need to report the accident. You should file a report with Uber and the DMV. In California, you must report an accident involving property damage over $1,000 or the death or injury of a person within 10 days to the DMV. To report an accident to Uber, you can email support or file an incident report through the app.
- Gather evidence. It is important that you document everything related to your case. Take pictures of any physical damage and collect contact information from witnesses who saw what happened at the scene of the accident.
- Keep tack of your incurred expenses and lost wages. Your attorney may recommend keeping records of all expenses incurred due to injuries sustained in the accident along with documentation of lost wages if unable to work for a period of time due to your injury.
- Avoid posting about the accident online. Saying you’re sorry or posting about the accident online (in any way) can negatively affect your case in some instances. The opposing counsel can use social media posts against you. For instance, if you say you feel bad about the accident, the opposing counsel can try to argue that you believe you are partially at fault (as a driver or passenger).
- Contact our experienced attorneys. An experienced lawyer can help guide you through legal processes associated with personal injury cases involving Ubers, such as filing insurance claims or negotiating a settlement amount.
High-Quality & Trusted Uber Accident Legal Services
At Williams And Seemen, we understand that no two Uber accidents are the same, which is why we provide tailored, comprehensive legal counsel to our clients. Once you retain our services, our attorney can help you build a solid legal strategy by:
- Gathering necessary evidence and documents
- Calculate your economic and noneconomic damages
- Establishing liability
- Minimizing your liability and maximizing your compensation
- Consulting with your doctors to better understand your needs and road to recovery
- Handling case legalities
Backed by over 25 years of collective experience, you can trust our team to help you navigate your case. We have dedicated our practice to handling personal injury cases and are committed to being advocates for our clients. Let us advocate for your right to fair compensation for your injuries.
Don’t wait any longer—schedule your initial consultation with our Van Nuys Uber accident attorney today by calling (818) 536-7776. We look forward to helping you get what’s rightfully yours.