Van Nuys Slip and Fall Attorneys
Fighting for a Fair Settlement on Your Behalf. Free Consultation!
Slip and fall accidents are all too common. In fact, 26% of injuries and illnesses resulted from falls, slips and trips in 2017, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Thus, legal action must be taken against the responsible party because negligence and wrongdoings must not go unnoticed. The defendant must be held accountable for their actions to ensure they don’t repeat the same misconduct.
You shouldn’t have to deal with medical bills, lost wages and discomfort through no fault of your own. By filing a slip and fall claim with Williams And Seemen, you are not only helping yourself, but you could potentially protect others from suffering a slip and fall injury as you did. Pursuing legal action against the defendant can help you regain your peace of mind while ensuring they take measures to prevent similar accidents occurring in the future.
Our Van Nuys slip and fall lawyers can fight to recover damages for your pain and suffering. Contact us at (818) 536-7776 to learn more!
Slip and Fall Claims
Slip and fall cases are a type of premise liability claim that occurs when someone slips, trips or falls on someone else’s property. These accidents can occur on public, private or government-owned property, and typically result from the property owner’s negligence. To best resolve your case, you must prove that the defendant’s actions caused your injury. The four elements of negligence include:
- The existence of a legal duty that the defendant owed to you: The defendant owns, controls or operates the property where the slip and fall incident occurred, therefore they had a legal duty to keep you safe.
- The defendant’s breach of that duty: The defendant violated their duty to keep you safe by acting, or failing to act, safely and cautiously.
- You suffered an injury: You sustained an injury. This can come in the form of bodily harm or harm to your personal or real property.
- The defendant’s breach caused your injury: We can help prove that the defendant’s actions directly resulted in your injury.
What to do After Your Slip & Fall Incident
Following your accident, you may wonder what to do next. Remember, every action after your incident counts and could potentially hurt your chances of getting a fair settlement if you don’t handle your situation properly. As such, it’s important to follow the steps below for the best chances of securing a favorable outcome:
- Get medical help: Your health and safety are a top priority in slip and fall incidents. That’s why you must seek the appropriate treatment immediately after your accident. Further, getting professional medical treatment allows you to get documentation and evidence of your injuries which is critical for your legal case.
- Inspect the accident scene: You should examine the premises in which the accident occurred to understand what lead to your accident in the first place. This can benefit your case because you can pinpoint a direct cause for the incident, such as snow, grease, the lack of a “wet floor sign,” and uneven floors.
- Document the accident: Take photographs, videos and write down details about the accident scene that may have played a role in your slip and fall incident. Go to the accident scene and take pictures of the floor, what you were wearing at the time of the incident, the area around the accident scene, and anything that could have played a role in your accident.
- Pinpoint witnesses: If anyone was present during the time of your incident, gather their contact information such as their name, phone number, email address and role (employee, bystander, manager, etc.). Once you retain our representation, our slip and fall attorneys can communicate with witnesses to gather a detailed statement of what they saw and ask them to testify on your behalf.
- Hire an attorney: Our award-winning slip and fall lawyers have successfully handled thousands of legal cases over the past 25+ years because of our litigation skills and extensive experience. We have the resources and competence you need to best achieve a favorable settlement and provide the personalized attention you deserve from start to finish. Our mission is to help you get back on your feet by getting compensation for your damages, and in doing so, we can send a powerful message to the responsible party that their wrongdoings and negligence do not go unnoticed.
Types of Damages
Damages are a monetary remedy to compensate the victim for their pain and suffering. Examples of damages include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost property
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
Depending on your incident, the responsible party may compensate you for damages, such as the ones listed above. When you contact our slip and fall attorneys at Williams And Seemen, you can rest assured that we will honor your best interests by fighting for a fair settlement on your behalf.
We strive to handle matters outside of court, but if the responsible party refuses to comply with your needs, we will happily advocate for a favorable outcome in court. As experienced trial lawyers with a proven track record for success, our team is confident in our ability to ensure justice is served.
Arrange your free consultation online or by calling (818) 536-7776!